The Scottish Groundhopping Guide hosted by Supporters Direct Scotland

Newburgh Thistle

Home colours: Blue & White / Blue / Blue
Change colours: Black & White / Black / Black
Home ground: Gallowshill Park
Address: Beach Road, Newburgh, Aberdeenshire, AB41 6BY
Formed: 1983
SFA Licence Award: None
Street View:
Entering Newburgh from the south on the A975, turn right at the Newburgh Inn onto Beach Road. Follow the road passed Newburgh-on-Ythan Golf Club and you will eventually reach the Gallowshill Community Pavillion.
Nearest Railway Station: Dyce (11 miles)
Public Transport:
Capacity: 1000
Seats: None
Cover: None
Floodlights: No
Playing surface: Grass
Social club:
The club has gone through numerous name changes since 2000 when they first joined the North Region Juniors. Back then they were known as Wilson's XI, taking their name from founder Norman Wilson, who was the club's main sponsor and president since their formation in 1983 (source: Ian Anderson). They were renamed Hillhead FC in the summer of 2006 since Hillhead was the area of Aberdeen the club played in at the time. They were then renamed Bridge of Don Thistle in 2011. In 2015 they left Hillhead Centre and moved north to Newburgh, taking out a 10 year lease to share with the local amateur team Newburgh Thistle. A year later they took on the same name.